Today's songs take a much different tone than a lot of what I have posted. I have noticed many saddening complications in so many lives and in society in general. For anyone who has troubling or confusing emotions, maybe these songs can express how you are feeling. If you are feeling great, than these songs are just absolutely gorgeous to listen to and calming. The first song is by Ross Copperman who is a gifted songwriter. The second song is from the movie 28 Weeks Later. I hope you enjoy the music and please feel free to comment!
Father John Misty and Inglorious Basterds
Today I have some music for you that is by an artist I have been following for a little while now. Father John Misty seems to have broken through and is on a quiet but steady rise within the music world. What I really like about Father John Misty, is the depth he has both musically and lyrically. He's also a bit eclectic, which is always a plus! To kick us off, I want to talk about Father John Misty as a whole. He has taken on the artistic persona as someone who oddly fits a more folksy kind of sound. It is a neat progression because Father John Misty was a former member of a couple of indie bands, including Fleet Foxes. And with the latter band, we do get to hear some of that folk sound which seems to have translated over into Father John Misty's music. He also happens to be a singer, songwriter, guitarist and drummer. Meaning, he has the capability to record and produce his own music. Which he does. The production of this song is absolutely incredible! From vocals to instru...
Comments
Post a Comment