The Strike & SiDizen King and Foster the People

I wanted to go ahead and use the beginning of this post to get a little personal. I haven't been posting as much or as frequently as I used to. For years, I had written posts daily, without fail. Even if it meant staying up late to put music out there, I would do it. And within the past few months, my frequency of writing and posting has decreased dramatically. With so many things going on, I found it hard to continue to post every day, and it got to a point where I just didn't care to. But things have changed, and I am back to writing as much as possible. And even though I won't be posting content every day, I will try to do so a few times a week. And that being said, let's get to today's music.

I recently heard this song and was captivated by it quickly. Everything about this song has a vibe that you cannot help but enjoy. This song is a joint effort of the band known as The Strike and rapper, SiDizen King. This doesn't seem like the likeliest of duos, but I think the two artists make the song work incredibly well. When we look at the evolution and trend of music, we are seeing more blends of music and genres. And one of the more common genres we are seeing is this interesting blend of R&B, hip-hop, indie, and synthpop. As a result, we get a lot of tracks that have an incredibly great vibe and energy. We are hearing a lot of music which have an eclectic blend of sounds across these seemingly unrelated genres.

In this track, we get a good mix of the two artists. The Strike brings the instrumentals and creates the overall mood of the song. SiDizen King offers the vocals and rap verses in the track. And throughout the entire song, we get a wonderfully smooth mesh of sounds, artists, and musical styles. As the track opens, we get a bright synth and keyboard melody which is flanked by a gentle percussion line and soft brass. The Strike brings funk and rock into their pop melody, which is why the instrumentation is has an undeniably unique and catchy melody. That beginning melody persists throughout the song, with The Strike adding more elements to the musical pot. Shimmering cymbals, tropical percussive elements, and even a funky bass line kiss this song and cultivate the feel-good mood which permeates the entire track. There is an incredible guitar solo which graces the end of the track, and it fits like clockwork into the rest of the track.

The way that The Strike has composed this track makes it feel like the perfect addition for "beachfront drive" playlist. There is a cool synthwave element to the track and never do we feel like the band is trying too hard to make this a laid-back jam. At the same time, The Strike doesn't make this an overly simplified track either. They make it to the sweet spot where the song is complex an dynamic, but not overly aggressive in the mood they are trying to create. The infectious energy is utterly magical and so much fun. SiDizen King adds a lot to this bubbling energy. Though he has a more muted presence in the track, his verses serve as a driving force for the track. He creates a break in the song by giving a warm funk to the track. SiDizen King's verse is also a really well-written one. His rhymes have a really beautiful meaning behind them, and I love that despite the fact this song has some heavier subject matter, everything was kept light. I have been listening to SiDizen King for a while, but The Strike is a new band for me. Needless to say, I will be listening to them a lot!

Today's instrumental track is by Foster the People. This song is their latest single, but I felt that it complimented the first song very well. Both have very similar instrumental styles and I really like how there is a groovy and funky feel to this track. This whole album is absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend giving it a listen. I hope you enjoy the music and please feel free to comment!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ima Robot and Tame Impala

Zack Knight and Keys 'n Krates

Röyksopp & Robyn and Transformers Age of Extinction