3Lau and Ivan Gough,Feenixpawl & Axwell

Today I have some music for you that is inspired by some new EDM music. We have seen a lot of new EDM releases, and that is super exciting. But today I wanted to bring a song that didn't fit into that mold of EDM music which we have today. And yes, this is an older song, but I wanted to throw it in here because I wanted to bring a bit of resurgence of music to the post. We hear a lot more house and electro based pop songs. But this song is different. This song brings us back to what EDM used to sound like a few years ago. So to kickstart this nice little homage to the past, is some music by a pretty underground artist known as 3Lau. This act consists of one guy doing some incredible things with music. I guess you could call him a Las Vegas prodigy, especially considering he picked up DJ-ing after traveling around for a bit. But 3Lau has a really interesting style, blending dubstep and different versions of house. Some of 3Lau's claim to fame comes from the fact that he is one of the best remixers. He started out by doing remixes and won some competitions by submitting his work. It is quite impressive really, and I can see why his music really had him hit the ground running. This song in particular is one of those songs that just gets you in the right mood. It is a mix of the lyrics and the tone of the song that really makes you feel that certain way. It is kind of cool how EDM gives you that feeling of freedom. With this song, you feel that sense of freedom, and the lyrics fill you with this sense of warmth and happiness. I don't know how to describe it, but when I listen to this song, I feel content. I feel like I am full of life and wonder and a part of the universe. The power of music right? One of the greatest works of magic. Today's instrumental song is by Ivan Gough. This song got pretty big thanks to some commercials, but it has been a long time since I have heard this song, and I thought why not post it? This song is one of my favorites featuring Axwell because of how alive the song is. There is so much energy and pumped up feeling to it. Talk about ideal rave music. This song is a perfect description of the music that people should think gets played at raves because it is true! This style of music was the reason I got into electronic music in the first place. It isn't as repetitive as some of the songs today, and it is so well put together. The transitions between the verse sections and the chorus are perfect and the contrast between the two is clear. This song is one of my favorites and it just makes me so happy. I hope you enjoy the music and please feel free to comment!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ima Robot and Tame Impala

Zack Knight and Keys 'n Krates

Zayn Malik and Interstellar