Today's song of the day is by French singer and songwriter Mani Hoffman. I have to say, this song is so catchy and has great elements from jazz, coffeehouse sounds, and traditional pop. I can imagine this song being in a commercial, it has the bouncy beat, catchy chorus, and carefree tone. What makes this song even better is that Hoffman smoothly switches from English to French in that amazing voice of his. Today's instrumental song is a version of a song by We Are Scientists. This song comes from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, which is a great movie! I hope you enjoy the music and please feel free to comment!
Father John Misty and Inglorious Basterds
Today I have some music for you that is by an artist I have been following for a little while now. Father John Misty seems to have broken through and is on a quiet but steady rise within the music world. What I really like about Father John Misty, is the depth he has both musically and lyrically. He's also a bit eclectic, which is always a plus! To kick us off, I want to talk about Father John Misty as a whole. He has taken on the artistic persona as someone who oddly fits a more folksy kind of sound. It is a neat progression because Father John Misty was a former member of a couple of indie bands, including Fleet Foxes. And with the latter band, we do get to hear some of that folk sound which seems to have translated over into Father John Misty's music. He also happens to be a singer, songwriter, guitarist and drummer. Meaning, he has the capability to record and produce his own music. Which he does. The production of this song is absolutely incredible! From vocals to instru...
Comments
Post a Comment