Today's song is some hard rock by Queens of the Stone Age. This song has repetitive beats and rhythms but it has a driving energy to it that makes this song so awesome. The killer guitar riffs in throughout the chorus are incredibly amazing and very fluid. There is also an awesome use of the bass guitar and a great guitar solo. By the way, this song was nominated for a Grammy....that's how brilliant it is! Today's instrumental song comes from the movie Looper. I have not seen it yet, so hopefully it is good...this song also has killer riffs, but switches between hard rock and a more mysterious tone. Please feel free to comment and I hope you enjoy the music!
Father John Misty and Inglorious Basterds
Today I have some music for you that is by an artist I have been following for a little while now. Father John Misty seems to have broken through and is on a quiet but steady rise within the music world. What I really like about Father John Misty, is the depth he has both musically and lyrically. He's also a bit eclectic, which is always a plus! To kick us off, I want to talk about Father John Misty as a whole. He has taken on the artistic persona as someone who oddly fits a more folksy kind of sound. It is a neat progression because Father John Misty was a former member of a couple of indie bands, including Fleet Foxes. And with the latter band, we do get to hear some of that folk sound which seems to have translated over into Father John Misty's music. He also happens to be a singer, songwriter, guitarist and drummer. Meaning, he has the capability to record and produce his own music. Which he does. The production of this song is absolutely incredible! From vocals to instru...
Comments
Post a Comment